7.01.2010

holga d

This minimal camera is not for sale and might not ever be. It was designed by Saikat Biswas, inspired by the vintage Holgas. It features an intentional lack of features; a departure from the digital trend. The camera is digital, there is an SD card that needs to be inserted near the batteries. Just like in the good ol' days, you have to wait to see what your pictures will look like, creating a "delayed gratification". The camera has a 12mega-pixel sensor, which is also out dated. I like how it displays the "remaining frames" as if it was a film camera, nice touch. Also, the fact that the display is e-ink will keep power consumption at a minimum. You can choose the aspect ratio, shutter speed and ISO . There is a slot for accessories like flash and a viewfinder, which is something I see gradually disappearing in cameras. I would mush rather use a viewfinder than a display, and it would have been something I would have liked to see here. Otherwise, you're just shooting blindly which seems kind of pointless. I think this is a slight case of form over function. Still, I want one. link

via Minimalissimo

No comments:

Post a Comment